The mission of the Chapter is to provide a balanced program for CHMMs
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Regulatory Compliance and Policy
- Science and Technology
- Material Handling, Emergency Response and Remediation
- Strategic Environmental Management
This mission will be fulfilled by emphasizing:
- The achievement of professional recognition for CHMMs.
- The provision, promotion and encouragement of continuing education for maintaining certification status and to document related training as recognized by the Chapter.
- The provision of a forum for information exchange among peers in order to promote qualified environmental decision making.
- The broadening of the CHMM scope and understanding of prudent hazardous materials management, in the interest of protecting human health and the environment.
- The increase of the transfer of knowledge and experience with new technologies, government regulations and community awareness relating to hazardous materials management.
- The sponsorship of training programs and other educational opportunities to assist interested professionals in becoming CHMMs.
- The promotion of public awareness of environmental and hazardous materials management issues.